NOTICE: International Orders
- We regret to announce that due to an increase in international shipping fees, new packaging requirements, and new customs protocol, our rates for shipping internationally have increased rather dramatically. We apologize for the inconvenience. If the rates are prohibitive, we recommend looking for digital
distribution (for example: iTunes).
Faith In Changes Release: December 2012
- On the heels of a fantastic CD release show in late December 2012, Faith In Changes is avaiable for purchase through
our website and on iTunes.
Melali Soundtrack available through our website
- Previously, the only place one could purchase a Melali CD was digitally, or at our shows. We now have the CD available through
Come Hell Or High Water: September 2011
- We are excited for the release of Come Hell Or High Water, Keith Malloy's new movie about bodysurfing. Check the premier schedule at the
Woodshed Films website, and keep your ears out for some of Jon's music in the score.
Melali East Coast Tour: 28 April 2011
- The Melali Sessions Band begin their east coast tour at the Grammercy Theater in NY. From the Big Apple, the band will head down the coast
as far as Ft. Lauderdale, FL. Check the shows link to see if they'll be anywhere near your home town.
Melali West Coast Tour: 5 April 2011
- The Melali Sessions Band will begin their tour of the west coast at The Belly Up, in Solana Beach, CA. Please check the shows link
Guitar Tablature: 14 February 2011
- Guitar sheet music, including tablature, is now available for 5 of Jon's songs (click here). Please let us know what you think, and
if you'd like to make any further suggestions please contact us. Thanks and enjoy!
San Diego Living: 27 August 2010
- Jon will appear on San Diego Living on San Diego Channel 6 for an interview and live performance.
Melali Premiere: 12 August 2010
- For the first time since the film's creation, the original Melali Sessions Band will perform the live score to Melali: The Drifter Sessions at La Paloma.
There will be two performances, 7pm and 9pm. Get your tickets early.
Hossegor Show: 19 July 2010
- Jon joins Rob Machado in Hossegor, France for a live duo performance at the Nike 6.0 Roundhouse to promote the Melali film and soundtrack.
FestivAlma 2010: 1 July 2010
- Jon is in Brazil with the Melali Sessions Band as they play their original score live to the film at FestivAlma 2010.
A Surfer's Benefit for Chile: 26 March 2010
- Jon was honored to join musicians Jackson Browne, Dawes, The White Buffalo, and Andrew Bird as well as many other artists and surfers in supporting Save the Waves Coalition's fundraiser for tsunami relief in coastal Chile at Brushfire Records in Los Angeles. Read more about the event here.
Southwest Tour: April 2010
- Jon is taking a break from recording and hitting the road, making stops in Arizona, New Mexico, Texas, Utah, and Nevada to play a few solo shows and enjoy the national parks.
Official Facebook Page: 20 January 2010
- Jon Swift Music is now on Facebook. Become a fan and get all the lastest updates, photos and videos.
Re-releases available: 1 January 2010
- New batches of 15 Songs by Jon Swift and Coming & Going have been printed and are now available for purchase through our
Discs link. The music and artwork on the albums remain exactly the same as previous versions. However, we opted for more
The Drifter Sessions: December 2009
- This new EP release presents 4 Jon Swift originals and one Rob Machado original recorded in Hawaii and Bali in association with the movie
The Drifter. Two of the songs are featured in the film and another can be heard
in the bonus surfing section. Click here to read more and check on
Daily Habit on Fuel TV: 13 November 2009
- Jon was invited to join Rob Machado and Taylor Steele on The Daily Habit on Fuel TV (see photo here). During the show Jon and Rob performed a version of Ode To O'Rourke. Click here to see the video.
YouTube (Part 2): 09 November 2009
- Click here to see Jon's new video for All Is Untied Again, directed by Scott Soens.
YouTube: 19 September 2009
- Click here to watch the trailer for the new film
Signatures which features Jon's song, No 100 Miles . The movie also features several other tracks by Jon.
YouTube (Part 1): 15 September 2009
- Click here to see a video of Jon Swift and Rob Machado's live radio
performance of "There May Be No End" on FM Yokohama. This was filmed during Jon's recent trip to Japan to promote the Japanese release of
Pathway and for the premiere of The Drifter.
Hawaii Shows booked in December 2009
- Jon returns to Oahu with Todd
Hannigan the first week of December for a few intimate acoustic performances. Click here for details.
The Drifter Premiere Tour in November 2009
- Jon Swift and guests will be performing at the East and West Coast premieres of The Drifter
this fall. Check back here for dates and venues.
Japan: September 2009
- Pathway will be released in Japan on 16 September 2009. Jon recently travelled to the land
of the rising sun to help promote the album and to participate in the world premiere of
the new surf chronicle of Rob Machado.
Coming & Going gone: 24 January 2009
- Coming & Going is now sold out. You may get one of the last copies from either
or CD Baby. But after their stock
is gone, you will only be able to get the CD in digital form either from SNOCAP,
or CDBaby. Thank you for your support!
SNOCAP: 03 January 2009
- Jon's entire discography has been registered with SNOCAP. If you would like to purchase digital versions of any of Jon's songs,
you can conveniently do this from our new SNOCAP page.
Pathway: 20 December 2008
- The third full length album is offically available. Currently, here is the only place that it can
be purchased. Check back for availablility on iTunes, CD Baby and Amazon.com. Thank you for your support!
Bonzer Show Cancelled: 17 December 2008
- Due to flooding and inclement weather. Will be rescheduled early next year. Stay tuned...
New Album: December 2008
- The new Jon Swift album will be available for purchase on 20 December 2008. Pre-release versions will be available at the
December shows. Check back for details.
A Triad of Shows: December 2008
- The last part of December will be spent at various venues around Oahu, including a bar, a front, and a theater.
There will also be guest appearances for your listening pleasure. Check the
shows link for details.
California Again: October 2008
- Jon will be in California playing music with Todd Hannigan in mid October. Check
shows link for upcoming performances.
New Films: Fall 2008
- Several new Woodshed films are here or are on the way including "Sliding Liberia" and "One Track Mind." Check out what is happening on the frontier of surf film at
Haleiwa: 26 July 2008
- Come by the Bonzer Front on the 26th to see the Oahu premeire of
Sliding Liberia and an acoustic performance by Jon. More details
on the shows link.
Bali: June 2008
- Jon is in Bali, Indonesia participating in a new
Poor Specimen film project.
Also finishing up recordings for a forthcoming album at
ElectroHell studios in Denpasar.
New Website: May 2008
- As you may have noticed, we have a new website with new links and pictures. Hope you
like it. Give us feedback from the contact link.
CD Baby Digital Distribution: February 2008
- CD Baby now digitally distributes high quality MP3 files.
Since 15 Songs by Jon Swift is no longer available in CD form, we suggest you get your digital
copy from here.
California: August 2007
- Jon will be in California this August. Come see
the show at the Regency Lido Theater in Newport (click
for more details).
Digital Distribution Update: June 2007
- After much ado, the digital distribution files for
15 Songs by Jon Swift have been updated. You are now able to get
all the (correct!) song files from iTunes and other
distributors. Apple iTunes users click
MySpace: 17 Dec 2006
- Jon Swift has joined MySpace.com to post songs and
general information. You can access the Artist/Band site
Donnie Solomon Weekend: Sept. 2006
- The Red Cross and the WSA are putting on the Donnie Solomon Memorial Surf Event 15-17 September
2006 at California Street in Ventura. Donnie was a close friend of Jon's before his untimely death at Waimea Bay
on the North Shore of Oahu. Jon will be around for the event and will be playing at
on Saturday night. The headlining act is the local band
Farewell to Berkeley: May 2006
- 'Tis the end of an era. Jon receives fond farewell from colleagues
and other Berkeley enthusiasts.
Beautiful Magazine: November 2005
- Check out the November 2005 issue of Surfer Magazine.
Jack Johnson and Chris Malloy serving as guest editors bring new life
and ideas to the 45 year old surfing tradition. With style, flare and
humor these two display captivating and sometimes unconventional views
of the surfing world, and give insight into their intriguing life stories.
Pictures of Jon can be found sprinkled within the rich personal collages.
Clips of "15 Songs" added: 15 August 2005
- Clips for all the tracks from "15 Songs" have been added to jonswiftmusic.com.
Follow the links from the discs tab below...
Wrong iTunes Downloads: 14 August 2005
- It has recently come to our attention that about half
of the "15 Songs by Jon Swift" downloads from Apple's iTunes
Store are incorrect. If you have purchased "15 Songs" MP3s from
iTunes, please double-check the downloads. If they are not right, contact
iTunes for the correct music files; they have been notified about this
problem. Apologies for any inconvenience.
Surfrider Foundation Benefit: 21 May 2005
- If you are around the Santa Barbara area on the 21st, come down to Anisq' Oyo' Park and support the Surfrider Foundation and their
efforts to save the Naples coast from commercial development. The admission is free and there will be plenty of good bands, booths and beer. See
shows link for details.
Tribute to the Ocean: 27 July 2004
- Digalog Records has put together a compilation benefiting
both the Surfrider Foundation and Heal the Bay. The CD contains an eclectic
mix of music from artists White Buffalo, Xavier Rudd, The Red West, and
many others. Jon's original "Honest Man", from his self-produced CD "Coming
& Going" is also featured. You can learn more about the project and
pick up a copy of the CD from tributetotheocean.org,
Compilation CD (Japan): 5 August 2004
- Universal Music, Japan has released a compilation CD
entitled Tropicalize including artists Jack Johnson, G-Love, Sublime,
Donovan Frankenreiter, Rob Machado, and others. Track 11 is a home recording
of Jon Swift and Rob Machado playing Jon's previously unreleased song,
"I'm Gonna Run". May be difficult to get this one in the states.
"15 Songs" Sold Out: 7 June 2004
- The first CD release, "15 Songs by Jon Swift" has officially sold out. There may be some stray copies left either through
or Amazon. A new version is in the making.
Airwaves: 14 April 2004, 10pm.
- Check out the Audioharvest broadcast on
streaming audio at audioharvest.org from 9pm
12am. Jon will be calling in at 10pm for some
impromptu conversation and DJ-ing.
"Coming & Going"
- The self-written, self-produced album entitled
"Coming & Going" is now available for purchase.
This follow up release to "15 Songs" maintains
the lyrically intimate songwriting style of Jon's
first release, but includes a more careful
orchestration of sound and higher degree of
sophistication. Follow discs link to buy via PayPal,
or follow contact link for alternate methods of
payment. The new CD will also be available at
Steelehouse and other online retailers such as
The Majestic Ventura Theater
- Jon and band will be at the Ventura Theater
on January 31st to play selected songs from
the new album, "Coming & Going". Copies of
the CD will be available for purchase at the
show. See you there.
- Jon has contributed to the soundtrack of a new
surf film by Cyrus Sutton entitled Riding Waves.
will be appearing at select premier showings
of this film through September and October. Check
back for dates and times.
- The first months of 2003 were spent fixing up an
abandoned house and converting a room into a
recording studio. Currently work is being done on
a new album to be released by the end of the year.
"15 Songs by Jon Swift" now available
- Jon's first CD is a collection of songs from over
5 years of songwriting. It includes 15 originals
and an additional track of an obscure Beck tune
recorded during the shooting of the movie "Shelter"